Some People's Kids: In Theaters Tomorrow… And Monday… And Tuesday

Thursday, June 28, 2007

In Theaters Tomorrow… And Monday… And Tuesday


Alright ladies and jerk faces, sorry about the tardiness of weekly movie previews, but damn sometimes a brutha got some stuff to take care of. I gonna touch base on two films coming out on Friday June 28th (probably today by the time I finish writing this), and two that come out in time for the 4th of July. The First two are RATATOUILLE the new animated Pixar film about a rat with aspirations of becoming a world famous chef and Michael Moore’s documentary SICKO about the American heath system. Coming out on Monday is the film that I think will break all of the box office records, TRANSFORMERS… I’m so excited I just shat a transforming nugget of joy. On Tuesday LICENSE TO WED drops and will most likely make you think that the dude from “The Office”, Jon Krasinski, chose the wrong vehicle for his first foray into film. Ahhh, alliteration.

Not gonna lie, I dig what Pixar does. Can’t think of a film that they have made that I didn’t enjoy (though I never saw CARS). Patton Oswald voices the Main character, Remy. Patton pulls off the over obsessive nerd well and having worked in a fairly nice restaurant myself and knowing a very Oswald like chef I can defiantly see how this character will come across. To add to this I can imagine a very built upon relationship that we saw for a few moments in THE LITTLE MERMAID with Sebastian’s life in constant threat from the crazy French chef. Peter O’Toole, Janeane Garofalo and Will Arnett from “Arrested Development” also lend their voices.

Michael Moore is back and as controversial as ever with SICKO. This time Moore is taking on drug companies, HMOs and his common thread, the government. Moore went as far as to stash a copy of the finished film in Canada for fear of government interference. I always find myself agreeing with the major premises that Moore presents in his film, but sitting through them and thinking that he has an extremely manipulative way of presenting the issue. It a strange feeling to completely agree with someone and at the same time constantly say, “wait a tick, you’re going about this in the wrong way.” Health care is messed up in this country and having someone else who doesn’t even know you decide whether or not you deserve treatment or drugs or surgery is shitty, but Moore is still going to say something that I can’t agree with. I guess that’s his deal and I already know that I’ll see this film at some point in my life and I’ll take most of the information to heart.

On Monday the most anticipated movie of the summer is released and I’m going to be in the middle of Bum fork, Wisconsin attempting to get a ticket with a couple buddies of mine. Lets face it, Michael Bay is good a blowing shit up and now he is bringing one of my favorite cartoons as a child to life. Ohh, Optimus Prime you complete me, and Megatron- you always have and always will be an asshole… leave Earth alone! My boy Shia LaBeouf is back for his one-millionth film of the summer playing the grandson of the man who found Megatron and coincidentally carries the mad to an all-powerful talisman. Megan Fox plays LaBeouf’s girlfriend and give the film a bangable presence. Josh Duhamel, Tyrese and Jon Voight play the military minds in the film and Bernie Mac also manages to appear in the film. Ohh, this film is going to be the shit and it will be the reason that Bruce Willis only tops the Box office for one week.

My girlfriend Mandy Moore comes to theaters on Tuesday with LICENSE TO WED. I have no faith in this film even though its got some great people in it. Robin Williams hasn’t made a good film in quite some time and I’m just not down with the romantic comedy. As I’ve stated before I love “The Office” but I’m just not sure that Jon Krasinski act is going to come off properly in this film. This film feels like a remake of MEET THE PARENTS, but its meet the priest. I don’t know, prove me wrong cause I’d like to have this cast click, but it just doesn’t feel right.

#1 this week will be LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD and #1 for next week will be TRANSFORMERS. Make the rest of the box office yourself. I’m going to bed.

P.S. I’m taking off for Chicago and then Wisconsin this week so this is going to be my last post for a while. Lobby the comments section of this post and maybe you can get Neubie to wax philosophical on the new ball players from Florida or get Bez to preach pitching and a young man by the name of Garza.

No comments: