Some People's Kids: Gilbert, Gilbert, Gilbert

Monday, February 12, 2007

Gilbert, Gilbert, Gilbert


Gilbert Arenas AKA Agent Zero promised his loving fans that he would drop 50 on the Portland Trailblazers yesterday. What happened? He scored 9 points and took far too many “quality shots.” I am writing this post for two reasons. The first is that my good friend Stuff has developed a man-crush on Gilbert, if Gilbert got frisky before a game and asked Stuff to bend over he would gladly drop trow and ask in his prettiest fan boy voice “could you please sign my ass while you’re back there”? The second is because I like the Wiz and I think that by the end of the year they’ll be the team to beat out east. I don’t think Detroit can make it to the finals without Ben Wallace, I don’t think the Bulls can make it with him, I think that outside of D-Wade and Udonis Haslem the Heat are far too old of a team and the Atlantic division won’t have a representative in the finals for about a million years.
I like Caron Butler and Antwan Jamison, but I think that that nutty bastard Arenas’ personal vendetta against all on team USA that wronged him is detrimental to the team. Look at that, I sound like a college basketball suspension. Arenas needs to recognize when his shot is off and think about winning the game some other way. In the end it should be about winning a game and getting one step closer to the easiest path to the finals not trying to constantly prove yourself. Look at Kobe last year, his scoring at will got his team nowhere and he didn’t have the talent surrounding him that Gilbert does. The man is a point guard, when his shot is off he should probably know how to pass the ball. He has to realize that people are going to catch on to the fact that he feels the need to prove himself to others; teams will start provoking him so that he tries to drop 50 on them. Kobe couldn’t win when he tried to shoulder the load and Gilbert won’t be able to either. Teams win championships, not egomaniacs.

No comments: