Some People's Kids: Timmy Crack Corn and I do Care!!!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Timmy Crack Corn and I do Care!!!


Of course now, a little more than a week after John Amaechi's unfathomably announcement that he likes guys, every professional sports athlete is being asked the million dollar question. So... are you homophobic? Most have answered in the routine and ostensible manner that we hear most often, but then there are the priceless few who believe that their candidness with absolve them from the ridiculous shit that they are about to say. Case in point: Tim Hardaway!

"You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known," Hardaway said. "I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I am homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States.

When asked if he would accept an active player's coming out, such as that of retired NBA center John Amaechi, Hardaway replied: "First of all, I wouldn't want him on my team.

"And second of all, if he was on my team, I would, you know, really distance myself from him because, uh, I don't think that's right. And you know I don't think he should be in the locker room while we're in the locker room. I wouldn't even be a part of that."

Now of course this frank and honest sentiment that Hardaway shared with the world is in my opinion a naive and ignorant point of view, but you have to ask yourself in this situation, WWTHS(What would Troy Hudson Say):

Would Amaechi have been accepted in the NBA had players, coaches and fans known he was gay during his career?

"Probably not," Hudson said. "The majority of people in pro sports -- I mean, in the world -- don't feel comfortable with that type of person around. Especially in a masculine sport where you're always touching each other, you have to take showers together.


Troy I don't know where you get off saying anything like this because, your Predator look a like ass hasn't even been in the shower in the last three years, because your ass don't even play. The last thing that you need to be worried about are gay basketball players trying to get up on your shit when you ain't in the shower.

Last but not least, an unidentified Wolves player also had something to say about this as well:

"I hope [Amaechi] tells on everybody. I want to know," said an unidentified Timberwolf.

I got my money on that its Eddie Griffin, since he'll be needing some new playmates to drive around and crash his Escalade with in the upcoming days.

No comments: