Some People's Kids: Paying My Respects

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Paying My Respects

I’ve been meaning to write this since Tuesday, but hadn’t gotten around to it till today. It’s just that this is a hard subject for me to talk about. How would it feel if something that you have been with for almost three years is no longer there? It’s a very hard transition to make in my life; I think that I am going to have to do some serious soul searching. I know that I will make it out of this alive and a better person for it but I may take a few months to recover.

Well I will cut to the point. On Tuesday while I was at work my Iowa Hawkeye’s wristband broke. And with it my streak of carrying something Hawkeye with me for almost 3 years is over. I know I can start a new streak, and I plan on doing so, it’s just the fact that it was my first Hawkeye wristband, and it will be a hard one to let go. I may take a couple months off before I try and replace it. I think by taking this time off I will be able to step back and realize all the memories, good and bad, we have had. When this hiatus is over I will be ready for a new wristband.


GO HAWKS!!

No comments: