Some People's Kids: In Theaters Tomorrow...

Thursday, February 15, 2007

In Theaters Tomorrow...


I absotivley posilutely hate this part of the year; its cold as balls, there won’t be a cool holiday to celebrate until July and worst of all studios throw all the shit they accidentally made into a movie in the theatres. This week we’ve got a comic book film, 2 romantic comedies, a kids flick and film that can best be described as Ryan Phillippi’s swan song. (Two Ryan Phillippi references in two days? This blog is crazy). I’ll tackle the romantic comedies first. I neither know nor really care about the plots of these films. We’ve got Drew Berrymore and Hugh Grant in one corner and a Tyler Perry film starring Gabriel Union… don’t waste your money, but if your girlfriend makes you your best bet is probably DADDY’S LITTLE GIRL. Next is THE BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA, it is my belief that a special effect is a dangerous thing in the hands of the wrong people. I never read the book and I don’t plan on seeing the film.


Now we get the only two films that really matter, but for very different reasons. First is GHOST RIDER and I have many problems with this film, let me list them #1. Nicolas Cage #2. see TERABITHIA #3. Aren’t comic book films supposed to come out in the summer? #4. If you really need to see Eve Mendes’ jugs you could just rent TRAINING DAY and #5 Critics were not allowed to review the film prior to release… do you smell something burning? And our final film debuting this Friday is BREACH, an FBI thriller involving a double agent that’s based on a true story. This is the winner in my book but 5 bucks says GHOST RIDER takes the box office and takes a nosedive after word of mouth is out.

No comments: