Some People's Kids: Wild vs. Calgary II- not so nice on the ice

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Wild vs. Calgary II- not so nice on the ice


With the Wild regular season coming to an end, and each game meaning more in terms of the division race. It is time for us here at Some People's Kids to focus more on my Favorite hockey team. I am planning on doing either some sort of live-blog when possible and at the very least a write up on each game.

I’m not a big hockey guy, but I’ll try my best to make it look like I know what I’m doing. Bez can’t post tonight because of an “upper body injury” and a “general soreness” so I was forced to come off the bench and bring that fire.

First Period:

18:40- Backstom lets two goals in in less than two minutes. Now Harding is in. True to my theory of hockey I am destined to miss both goals while I’m trying to figure out how to do this thing live.
11:12- This game is nowhere near as fast as yesterday’s game even though the score says differently. Are there mascots in Hockey? Ours should be a Tree.
9:28- Theory blown. Wild score. Good job Mr. Burns
:27.2- Another penalty for the period. Flames score while my back is turned writing. Bastards! Theory back on... must have been a fluke last time.

Between periods I see the trailer for EVAN ALMIGHTY- Steve Carell looks like one of the Geico cavemen with his beard. I also noticed that Anthony Lapanta has a little more control over his hair. I like to think he saw the letter and took those extra five minutes before the cameras turn on.

Second Period:

15:22 I think we need to send Boogaard in so that we can go on a power play. That seems to work.
10:30- The Wild are giving the puck back to the Flames too often.
2:00- They had a couple good shots on goal. Todd White just about scored from his chest
:24ish- one hell of a shot, I'm amazed that that thing didn't go in. Kipprosoff is impressive.

I've been thinking about this for a while and I've come to the conclusion that the Wild should probably score two goals in this period... at least two goals.

Third Period:

14:53- Iginla gets a hat trick, Wild most likely get a loss. Boo Jerome, Boo.
12:11- Did you know that Iginla's full name is Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tig Junior Elvis Iginla? Me either.
9:05- Nice hit! There will be some Calgary penalties for the little bit of fighting that we saw. I remember reading that Bettman said fighting was a part of hockey, did he forget to send the memo to the refs?
6:59- GGOOOOOAAAAAAALLLL!!!!!!!!!! Mr. Mark Parrish ladies and gentlemen. Luck is not on our side, if it had been 2 seconds earlier we still would have been on a power play.
2:53- Nice scramble for the puck. We didn't come away with a goal so I think the game is over.

Game over. First loss in regulation in 11 games. Sorry. My fault.

No comments: