Some People's Kids: Tidbits...

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tidbits...

Hello everybody. My name is Adam and I am the latest addition to the Some People's kids blog. Thats three, count em' , three Adams now contributing. I promise we are not the same person. These are my first, but definitely not last, couple posts. Its a pleasure to be here and I'll try to give my own twist on things I find amusing or shocking, and some in between stuff as well. I'll do my best to follow the lead set by my predecessors. I hope you enjoy...





Oh Joey....

Bye bye Joey Crawford. The long time NBA referee was suspended for the rest of the season by commisioner David Stern on Tuesday. The suspension came about after Crawford apparently challenged the San Antonio Spurs resident gerbil, Tim Duncan, to a fight after ejecting Duncan in Sundays loss to the Mavericks. Duncan was earlier called for an offensive foul and a technical foul. Later, while on the bench, Duncan was seen laughing with some of his teammates. Taking exception, Crawford booted him with a second technical and subsequent ejection. The suspension came after numerous warnings by Stern to tone down his attitude and make sure he wasnt the focus of the NBA games. And as much as I love to see Tim Duncan get the boot, this ejection was truly rediculous. Ya gotta love referees wanting to throw down with players. First you have Charles Barkley challenging Dick Bavetta to a race and now you have Joey Crawford wanting to fight Tim Duncan. Who says the NBA isnt fun anymore!! Stay tuned for the pay-per-view wrestling match this summer. I hear the old man is a 5/3 favorite already, which makes sense to me.

Also, on Monday, this weekends PGA tournament finished in playoff fashion with something called Boo Weekely coming out on top. Aside from having by far the coolest name on the PGA tour, there is a story going around that this guy wrestled an Orangutang. What a weekend for my man... First he wins a PGA event then becomes a bad ass when this story hits the media. Impressive. Anybody who busts up an Orangutang has my respect. This guy is my new idol.

Lastly, a side note that you all should be aware of... Ricky Davis will now be known as Ricky Avis, as there is clearly no "D" anywhere in sight when it comes to him.

No comments: